With pancake day just around the corner, here are some of our favourite toppings for littles ones. Ideal for breakfast, to set them up with the energy they need for the day.
To balance out the carbohydrates in pancakes, and avoid that glucose spike, we recommend pairing with with nut or seed butters loaded with nutrients: healthy fats, proteins and sources of fibre too.
Cashew butter, Pumpkin Seed Butter or Peanut Butter some of our favourites, and is great for drizzling... not only tasty, but also contribute to their daily requirements of iron, zinc and magnesium too.
Sweeten things up with a natural, no-added-sugar jam, loaded with antioxidants and fibre too. Try our Chia Jams recipes:
Blueberry or Strawberry Chia Jam
- 100g strawberries or blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 40g chia seeds
- 100g water
- Add the water to the chia seeds and whisk to avoid clumps
- Let the chia seeds soak and absorb the water for 15 minutes
- The chia should be a loose yoghurt consistency, add more water if required
- Add the strawberries to a pan and heat gently until the break down (this will take a few minutes more if frozen)
- Once the strawberries are soft, break them up with the spoon then add the chia mix.
- Cook gently for 5 mins or until the liquid cooks out enough to create a jammy texture.
Short on time? To try our Lune + Wild fresh-frozen Banana & Blueberry Pancake batter, click Build A Box at the top of this page.
We hope you enjoy!
Lara, Head Chef