Seasonal Greens and Cheddar Cheese Frittata
Recipe by Izzy de Broglio
Frittata makes a great lunch for both children and adults. Simple to make and uses home staple ingredients, perfect for a quick midweek lunch. Packed with veg and a good source of protein...we hope you enjoy making this.
Ingredients, serves 4
1 pack of tender stem broccoli, chopped into bitesize pieces
2 leeks, roughly chopped
A bunch of spring onions, roughly chopped
50g spinach, washed
6 eggs, beaten
40g mature cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°/ 180° Heat a knob of butter in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add the broccoli florets and chopped leeks and cook for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the spring onions and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the spinach and allow to wilt, 30 seconds.
- Pour over the beaten eggs along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for around 5 minutes over a low heat until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheddar, transfer to the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the frittata sit for 2 minutes, before cutting into slices and serving.